TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Recommendation for ECU PROM
People Seeking Info

Subject Recommendation for ECU PROM

Posted by madkiwi on September 16, 2020 at 1:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 247 times.

Message My 1993 TT Automatic is using a Jim Wolf ECU from approximately 1998 or thereabouts. I had read on here (discussion from 2003) that JWT PROMs use the same fuel maps in safety mode as they do in full boost modes and Ash was critical of the practice. After battling continuing safety boost issues for the last few years (with clean 55 codes) I am pretty sure I'd like to get rid of this PROM and install one that works properly- as Nissan's engineers intended.

I tried searching the forum and "ECU recommendation" is apparently too general or no results were found.

Car has standard JWT boost jets (I believe 0.04") POP-charger, Stillen catbacks, Z1 SMICs, and apart from that is stock under the hood (EGR and PRVR are functional, carbon canister is bypassed). I live at altitude, our premium is 91 AKI but this is equivalent to 93 at sea level. Car boosts to slightly over 12 psi at WOT (have an Auto Meter gauge on the window pillar and my Blitz DETT also has a pressure gauge so I believe the number is accurate) and I am fine with that. Not looking to get the most power I can, I want to keep the car reliable and strong for years to come without having to rebuild anything (upgraded to the new style 370cc injectors, original turbos still going strong at 102,000 miles).

To that end I am looking for a recommendation for a conservatively mapped and safe ECU PROM that I can replace it with. It seems like everyone has a PROM available for the Z32- Ash, Z1, Concept Z etc etc. Finding information comparing them all is not easy.

Thanks for any help!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.